Beginning in the 2019-2020 program year, Pike County 4-H families will have the opportunity to enroll their 4-H'ers online themselves!
The enrollment deadline is March 16, 2020.
Prior to enrolling online, there are a few steps we recommend you follow.
- You need to be a part of a community 4-H club! If you don't belong to a club, call the Extension Office and we can help you!
- Make sure the leader of the club you want to join knows you are interested!
- Consider some of the basic rules of joining a club. You can read more here, but here are just a few thoughts:
- The expectations for membership are a balance of 4-H project work, involvement in a club, participation in activities and events, and working towards improving one’s personal growth. 4-H members and their parents / guardians are also expected to abide by the Ohio 4-H Code of Conduct throughout the year, and sign off on this Code as part of the annual membership process.
- Each member shall attend at least 5 of the club’s meetings, activities, service projects, and trips. If this attendance requirement is not met, the youth will not be able to show their animal or participate in judging. The youth will not receive credit for completing a year of 4-H, will not receive a fair pass, or be allowed to exhibit a project at fair or judging (no livestock at fair, no participating in judging, and no premium).
- Members are required to pay a $15.00 per person fee by the June 1 deadline. Cloverbuds are required to pay a $10.00 per person fee by the June 1 deadline.
To see all the available projects, CLICK HERE!
We have developed two job aids to assist you:
In order to assist our families with this transition process, the Pike County Extension Office will be open at the following times for families to come in, set up their accounts and ask any questions.
- January 13 from 4-7 pm
- February 3 from 4-7 pm
- February 10 from 4-7 pm
- March 9 from 4-7 pm
If you are unable to attend a training session, please feel free to stop in or give us a call during regular business hours for assistance. We look forward to a great year and appreciate your support as we work together to Make the Best Better for Pike County 4-H.